Monday, June 05, 2006

Culture Watch: Thoughts of a Constructive Curmudgeon: Os on Target--Again.

Culture Watch: Thoughts of a Constructive Curmudgeon: Os on Target--Again.

I just discovered Douglas Groothuis’ blog and web site replete with numerous articles that are thought provoking and challenging. In this reference to Os Guinness’ God in the Dark, he offers us a quote worth remembering.

Truth is what counts and truth is what works. As the church struggles toward authenticity and seeks to be transformational, it is being transformed by a truth that is neither transient nor transitional, but timeless.

I doubt I will end up agreeing with everything this Christian philosopher writes – and in that I find great comfort. For that reason and others, I know I will be back to read more. Clearly his reading list is above average.


No comments: